Educational Approaches in Finland online course gives you insight how to teach like teachers in Finland!
Educational Approaches in Finland is an online, self-paced and quiz-based introductory course. The course offers you the best practical tips from Finland, and you will be guided through the basics of education and teaching. You will learn about what education is for, in a nutshell, and what teachers need in order to perform well and do good in this world of teaching.
You will receive a course certificate upon completion of quizzes and submission of an end-of-course form!
Goal: To learn more about education in Finland and about the basics of teaching, to understand educational philosophy, classroom management and lesson plans, and to be introduced to Education for Sustainable Development.
- feel more confident about teaching.
- understand the basics of Education for Sustainable Development.
- understand best teaching practices from Finland.
- are able to apply new techniques to use in your own teaching.
- understand how to decrease your own and students’ eco-anxiety and how to turn it into motivation and willingness to act.
- learn to foster inner motivation through new ideas and values for appreciating teachers’ work.
- are ready to start positive pedagogy e.g. strength-based feedback.
The course includes:
- Access to our online learning platform (for 30 days)
- Certificate upon completion of quizzes (with a result of at least 80 % correct answers)
- Reading materials
- Access to EduGems’ Teacher Community
The producer of this course, EduGems, is an online Learning Academy from Finland, bringing you the world’s top pedagogical expertise in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
Completion methods: online and self-paced, videos and reading materials, online quizzes to answer and submit
Duration: approx. 8-10 hours
Target group: For pre-primary and primary teachers without much experience and training, and for anyone interested in understanding the Finnish way of teaching/learning.
Produced by: EduGems Finland
Access to the course: 30 days
Recommended courses to combine with this course: B1 Cornerstones of Finnish education, B2 Motivating students, S1 Introduction to Finnish STEAM education and S8 Teacher’s ESD Training