Principal’s ESD Training – Transforming Education
Principal’s ESD training programme will provide school leaders the knowledge and tools to develop their own institutions as proactive and transformative agents of Education for Sustainable Development. Includes a course “Education in Finland” with information about classroom management and lesson planning in Finland.
Principal’s ESD training programme will provide school leaders the knowledge and tools to develop their own institutions as proactive and transformative agents of Education for Sustainable Development.
The training programme will consist of individual study modules and in-house development project supported by separate support webinars. The training programme will culminate in receiving personal feedback and improvement suggestions on the development project.
Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) is still mostly unknown and unused in schools around the world, yet it is a SDG 4.7 and its implementation is urgent! The 2030 Agenda ensures all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles by the year 2030. Therefore all educational institutions must consider it their responsibility to foster sustainable development in the world. Education and training will play a key role in this sustainability transition.
Schools and educational establishments have a crucial role to play in renewing the mindsets, skills, values and meanings required for sustainable development. However, meeting this challenge will require schools to review and rethink their curriculum and focus on teacher training, with principals and management at the centre.
All level progressive, visionary, open-minded principals and school leaders who believe in the importance of Education for Sustainable Development.
- You value and trust your schools teachers
- You believe in continuous life long learning and professional development
- You look out for the most current and impactful research based programs for your school
If you are involved in the decision making process at your school, this training programme is for you.
What is ESD?
Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) empowers learners of all ages with the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to address the interconnected global challenges we are facing, including climate change, environmental degradation, loss of biodiversity, poverty and inequality.
Learning must prepare students and learners of all ages to find solutions for the challenges of today and the future.
- Self-study modules
- Discussions and support
- 1 written assignment (design a school ESD action plan)
- Personal feedback
- School presentation on EduGems social media
- Case/blog page of successful implementation of action plan
- Chance to participate in future webinars as a presenter.
Meet your instructor
Founder, Pedagogical Director, ESD Consultant Marianne Juntunen is Dr. in Chemistry Education, M. Sc. in Chemistry and Mathematics education, M.Sc. in Technical microbiology, and was awarded for being the most innovative science teacher in Finland in 2016.
- November 11th – December 18th, 2022
- Complete at your own time and schedule (no live sessions)
- Approximately 20 hours to complete full training
- Participants are required to complete the training by December 18th, 2022
- 100% online. Learners get access to EduGems Academy e-learning platform.
- Taught in English by Dr. Marianne Juntunen.
- Webinars include Finnish and international guest speakers.
To secure your “seat” for Principal’s ESD training, register and pay for the program before November 11th, 2022. Upon payment you will receive immediate access to bonus materials. Main training materials unlock December 18th.
Produced by: EduGems Finland
Recommended online courses and trainings to combine with this course: E8 Many roles of a kindergarten leader, E9 Pedagogical leadership as a basis for operation in ECEC and Principal Study Tour