How to promote co-operation in early childhood education? How to build shared understanding and trust between different stakeholders in ECEC?
Co-operation with different stakeholders is one of the cornerstones of Finnish education. Co-operation in education is about partnerships: working towards the same goals together. Fruitful co-operation requires shared understanding, shared goals and trust between the stakeholders.
This course introduces the various dimensions and multiple forms of co-operation in early childhood education in Finland: co-operation with families, inside kindergarten and between kindergarten and community. The course demonstrates the power of shared understanding and trust.
The way the adults collaborate in early childhood education has a huge impact on the learning and well-being of children. How do we build a partnership with families, promote their participation in early childhood education and care of their child and advance a healthy functional relationship? The process of collaboration requires many things, but most of all it demands the ECEC personnel and the families to aim for the common goal: the child’s balanced growth and development, holistic learning and well-being.
Goal: To introduce the key principles of co-operation in Finnish early childhood education and care (ECEC)
- Participants will understand collaboration as a central element to the entire operation of early childhood education and care
- Participants will learn about how co-operation with various partners is established and sustained in order to advance educational goals of ECEC
- Participants will get introduced to several practical tools for promoting co-operation in early childhood education in various ways
- What cooperation in Finnish Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) implies
- Cooperation with families as valuable resource for working together toward common goals and values
- Partnership with families
- Cooperation inside early childhood education center as the cornerstone of successful ECEC operation
- Pedagogical lens of co-operation
- Cooperation with wider community for advancing early childhood education goals
- Practical examples of cooperation in Finnish ECEC
Completion methods: 49 mins video lectures, additional learning material, learning assignment
Duration: in total 5h
Target group: ECEC / Kindergarten principals
Produced by: Learning Scoop
Access to the course: 30 days
Recommended products to combine with this course: E1 The concept, purpose and mission of the Finnish early childhood education system (ECEC), E2 Promoting young children’s learning in practice, P1 Positive parenting from Finland and TinyApp.